Saturday, September 29, 2018

The training begins.....

Last Monday saw me teaming up with my friend Sam for a short training run! We decided to tackle Latrigg, a reasonably small (yet steep) fell easily accessible from Keswick. The trail from Spoony Green lane starts climbing steeply pretty much from the off. The plan was to yomp up and run down. My fitness was definitely tested on the climb and I was just pleased to have made it to the summit without stopping.




The views were worth stopping for, before the run back down! I plodded it back down as I knew my fitness wasn't there for any speed. I enjoyed the run and it definitely felt great to be back on the trails again. That said, I have a long way to go and a lot of work to put in before I am anywhere fit enough for any distance runs!



On other news, I have signed up for the Grizedale 26 Trail Marathon on February 3rd next year, This should keep my training focused over the winter months....

Please check back on this blog regularly to follow my progress.

If you would like to support me by donating to Batumi Raptor Count, you can do so here: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/runningforraptors
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment